Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Sabbaths, That We Might Know Him

It is a funny thing one day last January 2010, I decided that I was going to start keeping Sabbath.  It was on my heart and a desire I knew I had to do.  It was something I had been wanting to do and I was going to "do and obey".  As I kept Sabbath, then my husband started with me and we told the kids we all are going to do it.  As the months past by we were being shown scriptures in the Bible we have never realized what they meant and now they were coming alive.  It is wonderful.  Still now this day as I think what else could He show us.  He reveals more and more.  Now I understand what He means in Ezekiel 20:12, 20. "Moreover also I gave them my sabbaths, to be a sign between me and them, that they might know that I [am] the YAHWEH that sanctify them. And hallow my sabbaths; and they shall be a sign between me and you, that ye may know that I [am] the YAHWEH your ELOHIM."  He gave the Israelites manna and gave them His Sabbath first before His commandments were given and written down.  It is a sign between Him and us that we may know Him.  They said they would "do and obey".  Not question Him but obey.  It was then that He opened up His wisdom to them.  And that is how it has been for us.  We have to have faith in Him and trust Him that what He says to do is good for us without questioning.  He is our creator and He knows best.

No comments:

Post a Comment