Friday, April 8, 2011

Killed By The Sword

When I was growing up and would read my bible, I would see in the Old Testament that people in the latter days would be killed by the sword.  I thought well that is a little out dated.  People really don't do that anymore.  Give or take a few countries.  But really more people are killed by guns.  So I thought well it was written long ago and it is a metaphor for guns today maybe.  Who knows, I was young. That was when I had eyes that didn't see and ears that didn't hear. But slowly the puzzle pieces are coming together.  Still learning.  So much to understand.  Hebrews 4:12 For the word of God [is] quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and [is] a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.  When Yahweh said they would die by the sword, one meaning is they would die by what His Word says.  Rev. 1:16 And he had in his right hand seven stars: and out of his mouth went a sharp twoedged sword: and his countenance [was] as the sun shineth in his strength. They aren't dieing by an actual sword, but by His Word.  This was defintely a "duh" moment for me. 
 
And this definitely gives a whole other meaning to "the beast that was wounded by the sword and was healed".  Don't have all the pieces but He is slowly showing them to me.  It is always about the two houses, Judah and Israel.  Would love to hear what anyone else has been shown. 

Written by:  Jana D. Pindell

No comments:

Post a Comment