Saturday, April 16, 2011

Loneliness

When I was little I never had a best friend.  I had lots of friends, but never someone that said "you  and me best friends".  It was something I had always wanted.   I grew up and it was the same thing.  Lots of great friends, some I am still friends with today, but no best friend.  Then I met Chip, my husband, in college.  We later moved to Alabama and got married.  We were all alone, no family around.  We never made friends, so we had to rely on each other. Our two boys were born and then we finally made our way to Virginia. (A couple of years later our beautiful daughter was born).   My sister and her husband lived in Virginia. We had family.  We were so excited.   My sister and her husband became our closest friends.  But since our decision to walk down this path I won't lie, there has been a somewhat separation/divide that has happened. Now, they do support us but they just don't see what we see in the scriptures. We left the church and well, lets just say, loneliness set in.  Many people look at you like you are crazy when you tell them that you don't celebrate christmas, easter, birthdays, etc.  And then when you say "we keep the Holy Days".  Well, you may as well have said "the smurfs live in my backyard". 

We had for some time been wary of getting in contact of other believers, because we know everyone kind of believes some things differently and that is okay but some really want to push their beliefs on you.  That can cause some issues.  We need not let these things create a divide, but let us walk together and pray that we all come into the Truth and until then, let us just fellowship. 

Sorry, sidetracked.  We have since got in contact with a lady in Australia and a gentleman also living in Virginia. We email back and forth.  It has been so nice to see the loneliness start to fade away.  We would love to be able to get together face to face with people. We just haven't met anyone that lives near us.  But emailing them has been such a blessing.  We would love more friends to email  thewildolivebranches@gmail.com .

Written by:  Jana D. Pindell

2 comments:

  1. Well if you had told me the smurfs live in your back yard we would have come over more often. :-) I love you guys both when I agree with you and when I don't. I'd like to also say I don't think you are crazy at all and I will always be there for you guys. :-)

    ReplyDelete