Friday, July 22, 2011

The *Word* By Which The Gospel Was Preached (Revised)

I originally posted this back in March.  But have since come across another scripture to confirm this truth.

March Post:

Again, I am on my treadmill. I am listening to the audio bible on my IPod. 1 Peter, chaper 1 and on verse 24 through verse 25 the voice says, "For all flesh is as grass, and all glory of man as the flower of grass. The grass withereth, and the flower thereof falleth away: But the word of the Elohim endureth for ever. And this is the word which by the gospel is preached unto you." Now, this is my "aha" moment. Christians say they are New Testament Christians and that the gospel is not the same as the Old Testament, that Yeshau taught something new. I know differently, but having the scripture that ties the two together when I am talking to someone helps. Verse 24,25 is quoted from Isaiah 40:6-8 "The voice said, Cry. And he said, What shall I cry? All flesh is grass, and all the goodliness thereof is as the flower of the field: The grass withereth, the flower fadeth: because the spirit of the Yahweh bloweth upon it: surely the people is grass. The grass withereth, the flower fadeth: but the word of our Elohim shall stand for ever." The Word in the Old Testament is the Torah, His will and it stands for ever and this scripture is being quoted in the New that endures for ever and is the word which by the gospel is preached unto us, and the other scripture that is referenced Luke 16:17 "And it is easier for heaven and earth to pass, than one tittle of the law to fail." This is no crossing the t or dotting the i. This is hebrew writing. And Mathew 5:18 "For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled." Heaven and earth are still here and He hasn't returned yet. Wow, thank you Father in Heaven. This is an answer to prayer. It is something I have known but when you find the Word that interprets the Word. I can almost hear Angels sing. Okay, just kidding. Psalms 119:89 "For ever, O Yahweh, thy word is settled in heaven."


Addtional scripture:

My brother came across this scripture which references 1 Peter 1:24,25. In Hebrews 4:2,3 it says, "For unto us was the gospel preached, as well as unto them: but the word preached did not profit them, not being mixed with faith in them that heard it. For we which have believed do enter into rest, as he said, As I have sworn in my wrath, if they shall enter into my rest: although the works were finished from the foundation of the world."



Did you see that? Of course you did, I put it in bold for you. In Hebrews it is talking about the Israelites not entering in the Promised Land because of lack of faith. The Gospel that was preached that all churchianity teaches and says it is a new thing that Yeshua taught and that the Old Testament is well, you know, "Torah is to the Jews only". The scripture doesn't say Jew one doctrine and Gentiles another. No, it says Jew first, then Gentile. The Israelites had Torah but couldn't enter in because of unbelief. In other words, no faith. Churchianity has faith but doesn't understand the Gospel is the Torah. They won't enter in because He will say "I never knew you". And we all know how He knows us because we are sealed because we keep His commandments. The Gospel that was preached unto us is the same that was preached unto them, the Torah!!!





Blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment