Sunday, July 24, 2011

Sabbath

People say because Sabbath was not preached in the New Testament that we don't have to keep it. I have a question. Why would they have to preach something that they were all keeping? Remember the Word that was preached to them was Torah and if someone was not keeping Sabbath they were stoned. Just like Mary would have been stoned for being with child because she had not married Joseph yet. She was thought to have had been with another man. It was a sin. Sin is transgressing the Law. The Law tells us what sin is. It may have not been preached but there are 55 verses in the New Testament mentioning the Sabbath, so there were keeping it.

The beautiful thing about Sabbath and why it is so important is because Sabbath is an outward sign. Yes, it is a sign between you and Him. But it is a physical sign. When I keep the other commandments: not murdering, adultery, stealing, lying, or coveting. They are just things I don't do, I stay away from. But the Sabbath is something that I physically do. I set the seventh day aside to rest, study and spend time with my family. I remember Him and who He is to me and what all He has done. I recognize my Creator, the one who saved me out of the miry clay. I put Him first. It is the one commandment we are told to Remember ,Observe and Keep Holy. In remembering, observing and keeping I am saying I know who I belong to, who redeemed me, who saved me. It is a time set apart. I stop all that I am doing and recognize Him as my Saviour, my all. I remember not to get caught up in this world, you know the sayings "this is life, this is what we do or this is how americans do it". Americans are so busy. They are so exhausted from their comings and goings they don't have time to read and study the bible. Satan has so many caught up in the lie that it is all about being busy with churchianity and different organizations "doing good" but they have no clue of what really is being said in the Bible and how it affects our lives. They keep listening to the false prophets. So many people say that they are "too busy, it's too chaotic, or He knows my heart" Well, Jer. 17:9-10 says, "The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked: who can know it? I the Yahweh search the heart, I try the reins, even to give every man according to his ways, and according to the fruit of his doings."

Are you really producing fruit? Do you put Him first? Do you take the time to read and study and teach your children what the Word says? Our Father in heaven knew He could count on Abraham to do what he was supposed to do. "For I know him, that he will command his children and his household after him, and they shall keep the way of the Yahweh, to do justice and judgment; that the Yahweh may bring upon Abraham that which he hath spoken of him." Genesis 18:19. He even called him friend.

If you are waiting for things to be perfect to start keeping His commandments, it ain't gonna happen. Satan will keep you so busy "doing good" and "living life" that you never get the chance to get understanding. Proverbs 4:1-7 Hear, ye children, the instruction of a father, and attend to know understanding.
For I give you good instruction, forsake ye not my Torah.
For I was my father's son, tender and only beloved in the sight of my mother.
He taught me also, and said unto me, Let thine heart retain my words: keep my commandments, and live.
Get wisdom, get understanding: forget it not; neither decline from the words of my mouth.
Forsake her not, and she shall preserve thee: love her, and she shall keep thee.
Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding.

The Bible doesn't say the Israelites waited for things to be perfect and then they Did and Obeyed. No, they just started obeying. We have to trust Him and know that everything will fall into place. Sabbath is a true, in motion, outward sign between you and Him.

Blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment