Saturday, July 23, 2011

Jews and Judeo-Christians

My husband and I enjoy watching the Naked Archaeologist on the History Channel. Don't worry he isn't really naked.   He recently said something that I know to be true but it is exciting to hear other people say.  He said, "the only difference between Jews and Judeo-Christians was that the Jews were still looking for their Messiah and Judeo-Christians were looking for the Messiah's second coming."  In other words, Jews and Judeo-Christians all kept Torah.  And that is exactly what he went on to discuss.  Well, not but a few weeks later I am having a reunion of friends from high school and one of my friends has married a man from Morocco. A really nice, intelligent man.  He is Muslim.  He notices on my wall in my kitchen, a calendar. We have a huge chalkboard that my husband painted for us.  On this chalkboard is our calendar.  I don't label the month or the days but I have 5 rows of 6 days then the seventh day, the Sabbath.  When he saw this he became really excited and we struck up a conversation and he began to tell me the same thing.  That the first Christians (Judeo-Christians he called them) believed the same as Jews.  They kept Sabbath, Kosher, the Commandments,  etc.  They kept Torah.  I was so excited to hear this.  I already know this to be true but to hear it come out of someone else's mouth and someone from another religion.  I don't know.  It is exciting!

Blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment