Sunday, December 18, 2011

Good Advice

I recently heard some great advice.  I just wish I had heard it when I first started to realize we are supposed to keep Torah and stay away from the things of this world.  I would like to pass this on in hopes that it will help you out and you don't make the same mistake I did.

"In your first year of studying Torah, Don't tell anyone Anything. You don't know how to explain it properly AND you don't know how to defend what you just discovered."  He went on to say that "One older couple in his Fellowship did share much of what they were discovering and were enthusiastic about, with their oldest son (approx. 32) and his wife. It drove a wedge of a wall between them. That was 2 yrs. ago and the breach is still not repaired, no matter how this older couple has tried. They do understand the wisdom of the statement, Now. . ."

Oh, how I wish I had this nugget.  Oh, how I would do things differently.  It makes me think of the scripture Joshua 1:8 "This book of the law shall not depart out of thy mouth; but thou shalt meditate therein day and night, that thou mayest observe to do according to all that is written therein: for then thou shalt make thy way prosperous, and then thou shalt have good success." It also makes me think of Joseph after he received the dream.  He went out and told his father and siblings and well... they didn't like it very much.  We should live out this life bearing fruit and when others see that fruit and ask, that is when we share. 
 
We must meditate on the Torah and observe to do according to all that is written then we are successful.
It makes me question even writing this blog.  So please fully understand, don't take our word for it.  Be like the Bereans who searched the scriptures every day to see if what was being said lined up with the Word. 

Blessings!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment