Saturday, April 28, 2012

Why I Dislike Living in Spiritual Egypt #1



The other day I was in a health store looking for a healthier face wash and while looking around I overheard the manager and her employee discussing a certain Doctor * on TV. I won't say his name. but if you know it.  Hmmm!  Think on that one for a moment.  Now, I am not here to talk bad about this man.  But while perusing the aisle, they were discussing that the Doctor has sent out an email concerning a new product and that the store was going to get hit with a rush of customer's looking for this product.  I had to chuckle.  They both looked at me.  I apologized and we went on to discuss that everytime this man speak's about a product people rush out looking for it.  Like it is the end all of cures.  In fact, I was in the store months ago looking for something an herb when mixed with water and poured on your hair would help soften it. My hair tends to get dry.  So I went to pick some up from the same store and they were out.  So I asked the gentleman when they would get more in.  His first words were, "Doctor *"?  "I'm sorry?", I reply. And he begins to explain that the Doctor recommended this herb for something as a tea to drink and they keep running out it.  Like the manager said, "until he talks about something else and people move on to the next product".    The manager went on to say that a lot of the products he pushes comes from only one company. ???   So, here we have this picture of someone else saying you need this and people run out and buy it.  It doesn't really do anything, but put money in the company's pocket. This isn't against the Doctor. but against the whole process in general. It is a vicious cycle.

We were laughing and going on about the ridiculousness of it all as I was checking out, when a man comes in looking for a product that the Doctor recommended and wanted to try it. They were out, so he put in an order for it.   I had to smile. 









*I had originally named the doctor but felt convicted about it and have since left it out. 

No comments:

Post a Comment