Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Ninth of Av

TODAY: The NINTH of Av ( Tisha b'Av תשעה באב )
Day 9 of Month 5 of the Hebrew Calendar:

1.) The 12 Spies return from spying out the Land. 10 give an evil report.
2.) The First Temple is burned / destroyed in 586 BCE
3.) The Second Temple i...s burned / destroyed in 70 CE

Co-incidence?

Only 21 DAYS more, until Month 6, Day 1, when the 40 Days of REPENTANCE ( teshuvah תשובה ), leading up to Day of Atonement ( Yom Kippur יוֹם כִּפּוּר ) begins.
 
 
I just keep wondering, I hear the Jews always talk about the rebuilding of the Temple.   I know He resided in the temple but I want the end result, Him here.   I just wish I could better understand. It is like the Jews make it more about the Temple than Him.  Am I missing something?  I would love to hear from anyone on this.  What are your thoughts?
 
Blessings!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment