Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Who Is Your Counsel?

Almost every night before my husband and I would go to bed we would put on The Weather Channel. It had just become a habit.   As I was laying there reading my bible a commercial caught my ear.  I looked up and thought, people look to this box as their counsel.  What they should buy, it tells what you need or should want, it is your god telling you how to live. I just shook my head.  I feel like such an unwise person to have fallen for this.  What is also sad as I stood one day in the grocery store and looked around at the magazines, in disgust.  There these people are on the front covers telling you how they think you are to live.  These celebrities and we are supposed to want to live like they do?  NO Thank You! Have you seen how these people live and how their life ends?  The word counsel in Hebrew means dabar: a word; by implication a matter (as spoken of) of thing.  The only counsel we should be receiving is from our Father.  His Word, the Torah, it tells me how to live and what I need and don't need.   That is what I want to live by. 

Blessings!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment