Friday, October 7, 2011

Teaching Our Children

Abraham commanded his children and his household after the way of Yahweh.  Gen. 18:17,19

And the Yahweh said, Shall I hide from Abraham that thing which I do;"

"For I know him, that he will command his children and his household after him, and they shall keep the way of the Yahweh, to do justice and judgment; that the Yahweh may bring upon Abraham that which he hath spoken of him."

Yahweh did not hide the thing which He did because Abraham commanded his children to keep the way.  We are called to teach our children so they can teach their children and so on.  Cyclical.  Just saying. 

Ok, that aside.  I sat down with my children at breakfast and decided to add to what we were taught from Torah on Sabbath.  The torah portion was about the covenant that was made with the Israelites. It was made with the Israelites standing in front of Him and future generations.  This covenant was a marriage covenant.  Now as we know the bride went after other lovers and was given a divorce.  The husband died (and resurrected) and now she is free to marry again.  So I am telling my children that at a wedding you have to be at the rehearsal and the rehearsal dinner. Not an option.  If you want to be in the wedding you have to be there for the rehearsals.  I know I am repeating myself but we need to understand this.  When we Remember and Keep His Sabbaths, Feasts, Commandments etc. we are rehearsing for the wedding and we are marked, to be recognized by our Father that we are His.  That is why in the Brit Hadashah Yahushua says to the person who came to the Feast that was not prepared for the wedding that he had to go.  And Yahushua says to the other five virgins who had no oil(wisdom, Torah) they went off to buy more but it was too late and when they came to the door.  He said I do not know you.  As I study more and more, the pieces of treasure I find are coming together and painting a picture.  It is a beautiful picture. 

Blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment