Sunday, January 30, 2011

The Parable of the Prodigal Son

When I was in the church I was taught that the Parable of the Prodigal (Lost) Son was about sinners and how they were lost to our Father and when we accept Christ we return to Him.  Well, there is a lot of holes in that story.  I was never with Him in the first place to walk away from Him.  If I am the lost son who was the one son who always there? So, let's read and break it down.    
Luk 15:11 And he said, A certain man had two sons: (House of Judah -Southern Kingdom and House of Israel-Northern Kingdom)
Luk 15:12 And the younger of them said to his father, Father, give me the portion of goods that falleth to me. And he divided unto them his living. (House of Israel-lost ten tribes)
Luk 15:13 And not many days after the younger son gathered all together, and took his journey into a far country, and there wasted his substance with riotous living. (Inheritance received to soon is not a good thing- Proverbs 20:21)
Luk 15:14 And when he had spent all, there arose a mighty famine in that land; and he began to be in want.
Luk 15:15 And he went and joined himself to a citizen of that country; and he sent him into his fields to feed swine.
Luk 15:16 And he would fain have filled his belly with the husks that the swine did eat: and no man gave unto him. (House of Israel amongst the Gentiles)
Luk 15:17 And when he came to himself, he said, How many hired servants of my father's have bread enough and to spare, and I perish with hunger!
Luk 15:18 I will arise and go to my father, and will say unto him, Father, I have sinned against heaven, and before thee, (House of Israel eyes being opened to their sin)
Luk 15:19 And am no more worthy to be called thy son: make me as one of thy hired servants.
Luk 15:20 And he arose, and came to his father. But when he was yet a great way off, his father saw him, and had compassion, and ran, and fell on his neck, and kissed him.
Luk 15:21 And the son said unto him, Father, I have sinned against heaven, and in thy sight, and am no more worthy to be called thy son.
Luk 15:22 But the father said to his servants, Bring forth the best robe, and put it on him; and put a ring on his hand, and shoes on his feet:
Luk 15:23 And bring hither the fatted calf, and kill it; and let us eat, and be merry:
Luk 15:24 For this my son was dead, and is alive again; he was lost, and is found. And they began to be merry.
Luk 15:25 Now his elder son was in the field: and as he came and drew nigh to the house, he heard musick and dancing. (House of Judah in Israel)
Luk 15:26 And he called one of the servants, and asked what these things meant.
Luk 15:27 And he said unto him, Thy brother is come; and thy father hath killed the fatted calf, because he hath received him safe and sound.
Luk 15:28 And he was angry, and would not go in: therefore came his father out, and intreated him.
Luk 15:29 And he answering said to his father, Lo, these many years do I serve thee, neither transgressed I at any time thy commandment: and yet thou never gavest me a kid, that I might make merry with my friends: (House of Judah in Israel always keeping Torah)
Luk 15:30 But as soon as this thy son was come, which hath devoured thy living with harlots, thou hast killed for him the fatted calf. (House of Israel commiting sin amongst Gentiles)
Luk 15:31 And he said unto him, Son, thou art ever with me, and all that I have is thine.
Luk 15:32 It was meet that we should make merry, and be glad: for this thy brother was dead, and is alive again; and was lost, and is found.


This parable is about The Lost House of Israel, one Yeshua said He only came for (Matthew 15:24)  The Ones He sent His disciples after (Matthew 10:6)  The House of Judah sinned went into captivity then repented and went back and has always kept Torah(commandments), but the House of Israel sinned, went into captivity and did not repent so they were punished in their sin and have never returned. 

 My eyes have been opened to this sin, my sin.  I now understand that I am saved by Grace but keeping the commandments is written on my heart.  Not a have to but, I want to.  When people hear that I keep Sabbath, the Feasts, Kosher and the Commandments they say, "That is Jewish, You becoming Jewish."  The reason they are Jewish is because they are the ones who have always been keeping the commandments.   Sidenote:  the word Jew when looked up in Hebrew in Strong's concordance is

H3064
יהוּדי
yehûdı̂y
yeh-hoo-dee'
Patronymic from H3063; a Jehudite (that is, Judaite or Jew), or descendant of Jehudah (that is, Judah): - Jew.
The word Jew came about after their captivity.

We are grafted into the CommonWealth of Israel.  We don't bear the root but the root bears us.  They are His Sabbaths and His Holy Days, His Commandments for His people.  Israel's eyes are being opened to His Truth.  Gentiles are grafted into that Truth. 

Back to the parable, Christ died on the Cross for that sin.  They are forgiven.  They are the apple of His eye and just like the end of that parable the son realized his sin and goes home to His Father and repents and His Father lovingly takes him back.  So, too will Israel realize his sin, repent and Our Father in Heaven will lovingly take Israel back.  If you would like a better understanding of this sin and forgiveness and how it was laid on Christ,  I cannot better explain or expound than what is already written by Jesse McDaniel. 


Written by:  Jana D. Pindell

No comments:

Post a Comment